As believed on this day, the barriers between the two worlds- that of our and one of supernatural spirits around get broken allowing them to spread evil on Earth. Due to the same reason, one celebrates this day by following various bizarre practices such as dressing up like Evil creatures and behaving like them. People even decorate their houses with evil pumpkins and make their backyards appear like graveyards.
You may encounter several monsters, demons, and other supernatural creatures but among all, the Vampires are the scariest. These dark beings, as per the older beliefs and superstitions, drink the blood of living beings to maintain their evil existence.
Halloween is celebrated especially for having these paranormal beings on Earth for a night. One enjoys dressing up and acting like Vampires- the macabre demons killing people and animals. Even when one talks about scary shaped food items for the Halloween night, Vampires are their favorite and frightful character.
Here’s the recipe for Vampire Shaped Cookies:
- 3⁄4cup butter softened
- 1⁄2cup sugar
- 1large egg
- 1⁄2teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2cup red jam (raspberry or strawberry)
- Preheat Oven to 162o to 163o C of temperature.
- Stir butter with sugar in a large bowl till you get a light cream.
- Beat in Egg and extracts.
- In a bowl, add flour and salt. Stir them into butter-sugar mixture until the dough is just combined. Do it at low speed.
- In a plastic wrap, wrap the dough and keep in the refrigerator for atleast1 hr.
- Divide the dough in half and keep in the refrigerator the extra
- Roll dough on lightly floured surface until you get about 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut out 2-inch cookies with Halloween Vampire Cookie Cutter.
- Place them on a baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes until you get a brown color at edges.
- Cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet, and them cool down them on a wire rack.
- Draw a blood dribbling down from one of the bites with the jam. And enjoy having blood-sucking Vampire-shaped Cookies.
Have these cookies and several other weird shaped food items and enjoy the Halloween night- the night of magic, mystery and superstitions. And at last, “Have a Wicked Happy Halloween”.